Tuesday, January 5, 2010

MAYO CLINIC SLEEP CENTER


Mayo Clinic Sleep Study on Women
Add Video
I am a former insomniac and I believe that is one of the reasons I became deathly ill. I suffered moderate sleep deprivation most all my life. But after my fourth child I started waking up two to three times a night. Then, a crisis came into my life and I began sitting up till dawn every night for about two years because I was homeless and terrified out of my mind.

Finally, I moved in with my boyfriend (about 15 yrs ago) and got back to the point that I could drink my self to sleep at a decent hour again (12-2AM) but that was still insomnia. That lasted for about six years but it got worse with sleep apnea and I would wake up with heart palpitations. Then Just two years ago I took it into my own hands, I started taking lots of natural sleep remedies not caring if I had an sleep apnea attack in the middle of the night or not.

I felt that sleep was more important to me than the breathing difficulty. And it worked for the most part. I can sleep all night long with just Melatonin, Triple Magnesium, Vit. D3, Collegen, Gaba, and sometimes I add Dong qui and Valerian root. When I add the Dong Qui and Valerian root it helps me to sleep faster and sometimes all night long. I drink A LOT Of green tea and coffee so I tend to wake up to use the rest room once a night. On nights when I don't wake up I feel so blessed.

I also struggle with multiple body aches from a tumor on the spine, rotated hips, a real bad right shoulder, terrible tendinitis in both shoulders, and a several bulged disks in my neck. That also may contribute to my difficulty with falling asleep now and with the reasons why I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment