Monday, September 21, 2009

Sacrafice of Praise




There is also such a thing as a sacrificial offering. We are living epistles and our lives should be demonstrative sacrifices of service through our love to HIM.

The one thing that broke my pride and myself will when I came to the Lord was my raising my hands up. The very first time I did it, that self pride broke for the first time in 28 years of my life.

I could no longer walk with my nose stuck up in the air as if I was it and there was no other.

A few years ago, I tore a rotator cuff in a shoulder that already had bursitis from youth, tendinitis and since then has developed shoulder spurs. It wasn't too hard to take the pain pills and still raise my hands to worship the Lord but many times I have been in excrutiating pain and I still raised my hands as a HUGE sacrafice of my love to HIM.

I wanted to show HIM that in spite of my emotional pain of the worse trial of my life that I would still praise HIM. And in spite of back breaking, knee knocking pain I would still praise HIM. HE sees our heart and when I had no pennies to throw in the offering, I threw in my pain staking praise as my offering and I believe that it blessed HIM. Because I just know that I am and have been for a long time the apple of HIS eye and that could have something to do with it.

After all, I am only demonstrating Christ likeness in that action to die to self and live unto Christ as HE did for me when HE sweat blood while pleading with the Father to take the cup away from HIM if there was any other way. Then HE went on to an excruciating painful death without Father God's presence but in the presence of HIS loving earthly mother Mary.

She too had to suffer as she watched her SON die a shameful agonizing death. Too many modern day "patty cake" Christians haven't experienced the truth of that part of the bible. But when we do then we can also share in HIS Glory and in HIS Reign!

No comments:

Post a Comment