Friday, November 20, 2009

Gossip belongs to Aged Old Women or Lazy People





I learned long ago within the first two years of my new found life with Jesus that God is not pleased with those who gossip or slander anyone else.

I also learned that in Titus 2:3 that it is usually old women or lazy people who had to be admonished not to gossip or use their tongues to murder others by stabbing them in the back with their tongues. Been Chattin lately? Got Phone?!!!

Leviticus 19:16
“Do not spread slanderous gossip among your people. “Do not stand idly by when your neighbor’s life is threatened. I am the Lord.

Psalm 101:5
I will not tolerate people who slander their neighbors. I will not endure conceit and pride.

Psalm 15:3
Those who refuse to gossip or harm their neighbors or speak evil of their friends.


Psalm 41:6
They visit me as if they were my friends,but all the while they gather gossip, and when they leave, they spread it everywhere.

Psalm 69:12
I am the favorite topic of town gossip, and all the drunks sing about me.

Proverbs 11:13
A gossip goes around telling secrets, but those who are trustworthy can keep a confidence.


Proverbs 17:4
Wrongdoers eagerly listen to gossip; liars pay close attention to slander.


Proverbs 25:10
Others may accuse you of gossip, and you will never regain your good reputation.


Proverbs 26:20
Fire goes out without wood, and quarrels disappear when gossip stops.

Romans 1:29
Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, quarreling, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip.

2 Corinthians 12:20
For I am afraid that when I come I won’t like what I find, and you won’t like my response. I am afraid that I will find quarreling, jealousy, anger, selfishness, slander, gossip, arrogance, and disorderly behavior.

Psalm 35:15
But they are glad now that I am in trouble;they gleefully join together against me.I am attacked by people I don’t even know;they slander me constantly.

Psalm 35:15
But they are glad now that I am in trouble;they gleefully join together against me.I am attacked by people I don’t even know;they slander me constantly.

1 Timothy 5:13
And if they are on the list, they will learn to be lazy and will spend their time gossiping from house to house, meddling in other people’s business and talking about things they shouldn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment