Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It is Finished





I have lived a life and dealt with the lies of performance based acceptance from a very early age as I was trying to win the love of my parents. That bled into my adult life and I tried to work my way into social acceptance even after I became so disabled that I was unable to work anymore.

At one point I obtained complete understanding that my identity in Christ made me complete but after some real tough spiritual warfare down in Florida, the enemy managed to rip all that away from me and even more.

That was only three years ago and I am still trying to regain the advantage of spiritual freedom that I had possessed for much of my "saved Christian Life" that I really miss now.

I believe that getting in the New Testament and staying there in the "finished work of Christ" will help me to gain that truth back so that I can share it with others.

When someone has been beaten down by oppression of someone reminding you over & over for some ancient sin that God has already forgiven you for or like the Sudanese Christians they may have a hard time to hold on to that truth of the "finished work of Christ" too.

No comments:

Post a Comment